Monday, September 20, 2010

Danny and Woody




I have had a hard time with Danny for the past couple of months, I tried everything on the book, ignoring bad behavior, time-out, rewarding good behavior, making him fix his bad behavior like making him pick up the food he threw on the floor.... I tried so many things I can't even remember what they all were, but nothing was working, I was tired of being mad at him, I was tired of crying, and just when I thought there was nothing else to do, someone advices me to only talk to Danny in English and see how he responds. At first I wasn't sure because I KNEW Danny understood spanish, when Daniel comes home and asks him to do something it doesn't matter if it is spanish or English, he does it. Being his mom, and staying at home all day.... I knew he knew Spanish. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a chance, I had nothing to loose, nothing could be worst than what is going on I thought. So, I have been speaking only English to him for a couple of days, and he is like a whole different person. Still extremely energetic, super hyper and loud and crazy, but a more nicer brother, a more respectful son, a more kind and obedient son! I can't tell you how happy we have all been for the last couple of days. Home is now Heaven to me, and it was never like that before. Every morning I would wake up and pray and hope that today might be better than yesterday. But how was I suppose to know that Danny did not like Spanish?.... I have been speaking to him in Spanish all his little life. All I care about now is that he is HAPPY, and that makes all of us at home happy. Specially little sister Nessa, Danny has been kind enough to not push her or hit her when she follows him all day just to take his toy or to pinch his toes.
So speaking of TOYS! My smart, sweet, genius friend Karenin, gave me the idea to do something he likes doing, or to get him something, like a favorite movie, or a treat, so we went to Waltmart, and I saw WOODY! Danny LOVES Toy Story, we watch it once a day, everyday. So it made sense to get him Woody. I bought it, and since, Danny has become even more pleasant, generous, and OBEDIENT! so thank you Waltmart, thank you Karenin, Thank you Woody!

*On a different note, I almost never post a picture of my handsome husband, so here it is:

1 comment:

  1. Yay for woody and Danny! And a good girls night out!
    Jess, you are a wonderful mother!!
    Danny and Ness are blessed to have you!
    Love you ;)

    ReplyDelete